Monday, May 30, 2011

The best book about storytelling I have ever read - FACT!

I am terrible at reading at the best of times so when this book arrived from amazon and I saw the tiny font size and thickness of the book I never thought I'd ever finish it, however to my surprise I could not put it down. By the end of it I felt I had gone on a spiritual journey of enlightenment. Not only had it educated me in the many important works of storytelling throughout the ages but it also showed me how fundementally important storytelling is to the human race and that without it we would not survive. I insist that anyone that is serious about telling stories in whatever form MUST read this book!


"An enormous piece of work, not really one book at all but at least three... nothing less than the story of all stories." Ian Hislop, editor of Private Eye
"This is a truly important book, an accolade often bestowed and rarely deserved in our modern age." Dame Beryl Bainbridge
"This is literally an incomparable book, because there is nothing to compare it with. It goes to the heart of man's cultural evolution through the stories we have told since storytelling began. It illuminates our nature, our beliefs and our collective emotions by shining a bright light on them from a completely new angle. Original, profound, fascinating - and on top of it all, a really good read." Sir Antony Jay, co-author of Yes, Minister

No comments:

Post a Comment