Monday, December 10, 2012

Reached page 124 of Henry Bramble!

It is with great relief and excitement that I can announce I have reached the final page in what has been a huge slog writing the feature length screenplay of Henry Bramble. 

The writing itself was not necessarily hard, it was just trying to fit in the time to write around a full time job, a demanding family life and having to spend too much time on the short film that by all accounts, should have been finished over a year ago. Despite this I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. There were a couple of tough psychological barriers I had to get past, but hey that's what the re-writes are for. 

Anyway before you get too excited and demand a copy to read, please remember I have simply reached the end of the first pass - one of many re-writes. The story has been laid out, but it has many flaws, problems and discontinuity. Many of the characters are not clear enough on the page and the dialogue really sucks, but the point is, I reached the end!

I'm going to go through it in the new year page by page, scene by scene, tidying it up the best I can so it is in a readable state for my Producers, but it is still along way off yet before I can send it out to investors! In the meantime I'm off to Florida to rest my imagination over Christmas. See you in the new year!



No comments:

Post a Comment