Saturday, June 16, 2012

Voydarkatron is alive!

For the last few months I have been getting weekly updates from VERL, the VFX team up in Dundee, that consist of fairly crude Voydarkatron CGI model animations. I then have to make detailed comments on them in terms of the relevant action for each shot and the believability of the movement. We are finally coming to the end of this part of the process and so I thought I'd show you a short teaser of the way the animated beast moves.


This update was particularly exciting because in this weeks Dropbox VFX file there was a very short clip of an almost fully rendered Voydarlatron with motion blur.

I had no idea it was coming so when the clip opened up and played, I sat up transfixed. In front of me was a creature that actually looked real and blended seamlessly into the back plate we filmed on location.

On closer inspection you can see there are details still to be done, but for a test shot, I hadn't seen anything as exciting since I saw a fully rendered Jar Jar Binks a year before the release of Episode One (except the Voydarkatron will hopefully be received a little more positively by the general public). Unfortunately for you I'm not going to reveal this just yet, but here's a Voydarkatron eye test to wet the appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment